Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice
Takedown Policy and Procedures
VigorousSteve.com (Coach Steve) Respects the Intellectual Property Rights of others just as it expects Third Parties to Respect its Rights. Pursuant to Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c), a Copyright Owner or their Agent may submit a Takedown Notice to us via our Contact Page. As an Internet Service Provider, we are Entitled to Claim Immunity from said Infringement Claims pursuant to the “Safe Harbor” Provisions of the DMCA. To Submit a Good Faith Infringement Claim to us, you must Submit Notice to us that sets forth the following Information:
Notice of Infringement – Claim
- A Physical or Electronic Signature of the Copyright Owner (or someone Authorized to act on behalf of the Owner);
- Identification of the Copyrighted Work claimed to have been Infringed;
- Identification of the Infringing Material to be removed, and Information reasonably sufficient to Permit the Service Provider to locate the Material. (Please Submit the URL of the Page in Question to assist us in Identifying the Allegedly Offending Work);
- Information reasonably sufficient to Permit the Service Provider to Contact the Complaining Party including your Name, Physical Address, Email Address, Phone Number & Fax Number;
- A Statement that the Complaining Party has a Good Faith Belief that the use of the Material is Unauthorized by the Copyright Agent; and
- A Statement that the Information in the Notification is Accurate, and, under Penalty of Perjury, that the Complaining Party is Authorized to act on behalf of the Copyright Owner.
Title 17 USC §512(f) provides Civil Damage Penalties, including Costs & Attorney Fees, against any Person who Knowingly & Materially Misrepresents certain Information in a Notification of Infringement under 17 USC §512(c)(3).
Counter Notification – Restoration of Material
If you have received a Notice of Material being Takedown because of a Copyright Infringement Claim, you may provide us with a Counter Notification in an Effort to have the Material in Question restored to the Website. Said Notification must be given in Writing and must contain Substantially the following Elements Pursuant to 17 USC Section 512(g)(3):
- Your Physical or Electronic Signature.
- A Description of the Material that has been taken down and the Original Location of the Material before it was taken down.
- A Statement under Penalty of Perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a Result of mistake or Misidentification of the Material to be removed or disabled.
- Your Name, Address & Telephone Number, and a Statement that you Consent to the Jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the Judicial District in which the Address is located (or if you are outside of the United States, that you consent to Jurisdiction of any Judicial District in which the Service Provider may be found), and that the you will accept Service of Process from the Person or Company who provided the Original Infringement Notification.
- Email your Counter Notice by using our Contact Page.
Repeat Infringer Policy
VigorousSteve.com (Coach Steve), takes Copyright Infringement very Seriously. Pursuant to the repeat Infringer Policy Requirements of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, VigorousSteve.com Maintains a list of DMCA Notices from its Copyright Holders. We make a Good Faith Effort to Identify any repeat Infringers on this List Pursuant to the Safe Harbor Requirements of the DMCA.
VigorousSteve.com Reserves the Right to Modify the Contents of this Page and its Policy for Handling DMCA Claims at any Time and for any Reason. You are Encouraged to Check back to Review this Policy Frequently for any changes.
If you would like to Contact Us to understand more about the Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice or wish to Contact us concerning any matter relating to Copyright Infringement, you may do so via the Contact Form
The VigorousSteve.com Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice was last Updated on August 31st, 2020